As a former BigLaw litigator, an entrepreneur and an in-house general counsel, Mr. Clinton has a broad range of experience to help his clients navigate through some of their most challenging legal issues. Mr. Clinton is capable of ably handling many types of litigation, appellate, and arbitration matters as well as a range of business transactions and advice.
CASE RESULTS DEPEND UPON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE; CASE RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE.
- Successfully resolved contentious litigation relating to future of successful corporation due to board of directors deadlock, in multiple cases involving allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate waste, excessive compensation, diversion/usurpation of corporate opportunities, and an action for appointment of a custodian.
- Lead counsel in law firm dissolution and related arbitration and litigation, involving successfully defending two separate petitions for involuntary bankruptcy, successfully staying two state cases in favor of arbitration, and successfully defending allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate waste, and other claims.
- Lead plaintiffs’ counsel in dispute involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract, and violations of D.C.’s Consumer Protection Procedures Act, in novel context of post-contracting fraud inducing the plaintiffs to perform rather than breach.
- Successfully defended Ali Mohamed Ali, former Director General of Education for Somaliland, against charges of piracy under the law of nations, conspiracy, and hostage taking, stemming from his role in helping to negotiate the release of a ship that had been hijacked by Somali pirates. The district court approved the Firm’s motion to dismiss the conspiracy count, and that ruling was affirmed on appeal. After a three week trial in November 2013, Mr. Ali was found not guilty of piracy — a charge which carried a mandatory life sentence if he had been convicted– but the jury hung on the remaining counts. Although the government initially sought to retry Ali on the hung counts, the Firm filed a motion arguing that retrial would violate the Double Jeopardy Clause of the Constitution. The government ultimately capitulated and agreed that retrial would be unconstitutional, and the charges were dismissed in their entirety. Many of the key documents in the case may be found here.
- Successfully represented a government contractor in connection with a stop work order and proposed termination for convenience regarding a major contract to ship equipment overseas.
- Successfully represented international fashion designer whose dresses have been featured on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and other prominent venues in bet-the-company trademark dispute.
- Negotiated a multi-party software development, royalty, and licensing agreement between Seismic Games, Inc., the American Values Institute, the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice of Harvard Law School, and the Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity, part of The Ohio State University, on behalf of client Justice Education Solutions, LLC.
- Working together with now U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, prevailed on interlocutory appeal before the Fifth Circuit in a Section 1983 case on behalf of a Louisiana man who spent more than half of his life in prison for a crime he did not commit.
Previous Legal Experience:
Ball Street Ventures, LLC, Washington, DC
- Advised the Co-Chairmen (two former NBA players) and coordinated and directed outside counsel regarding the company’s legal matters, including litigation strategy, corporate structure and governance, private placements, commercial leases, and real estate finance.
Covington & Burling LLP, Washington, DC
- Handled a broad range of complex commercial and criminal litigation matters on a variety of legal subjects, including insurance coverage, government investigations, business fraud, employment discrimination, civil rights, negligence and personal injury, and burglary.
Honors & Recognition:
- Washington DC SuperLawyers Magazine, selected for inclusion, “SuperLawyers” (2016)
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), Top 40 Under 40 Litigation Lawyers in D.C. (2016)
- Washington DC SuperLawyers Magazine, selected for inclusion, “Rising Stars” (2014 & 2015)
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers in D.C. (2014 & 2015)
- Chief Judges of the D.C. Court of Appeals and the D.C. Superior Court, “Capital High Pro Bono Honor Roll” (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (2006)
Speeches & Publications:
- Marcus Evans Chief Litigation Officer Summit, Interview: “How to Manage Alternative Billing and High-Profile Cases” (September 2015)
- District of Columbia Bar, “Practical Tips for Effective Oral Advocacy” (April 2013)
- District of Columbia Bar, “Practical Tips for Effective Oral Advocacy” (May 2012)
- District of Columbia Bar, “Developing an Effective Pro Bono Practice” (February 2012)
- District of Columbia Bar, “Becoming an Entrepreneur: A Guide for Lawyers” (June 2011)
- District of Columbia Bar, “Poker & the Law: How Poker Can Make You a Better Litigator” (April 2011)
- ADC National Convention, “Small Business Administration and Arab Americans: Protected or Minority Status?” (May 2006)
- DC Bar, Corporation, Finance, and Securities Law Section
- Chair, Young Lawyers Committee, 2012-2013
- Vice-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee, Voted Best Standing Committee 2010-2011
- Rene Moawad Foundation-USA
- Member, Board of Directors
There are many medications for various diseases. All discount drugs save money, but few online drugstores offer better deals than others. There were only couple of examples. If you are interested in sofosbuvir, you probably wish to study about sovaldi. How you can read more data about sofosbuvir hep c? (Read more sovaldi). Not all forms of hepatitis are infectious, but certain drugs and chemical may be bad for the liver and cause inflammation. So it’s vital to know about the matter. If you choose to buy drugs like Sovaldi online, if possible get a written recipe before do it. Do not give Sovaldi or any medication to anyone under 18 years old without prescription.